Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. The term suitable, in this context, means substantial compatibility with stated academic level and job experience requirements and ability to perform job duties.
Apply advanced theoretical knowledge of computer science and computer programming principles and concepts, as well as experience using standard occupational tools, to assist Project Managers in coordinating and carrying out the creation, modification and testing of computer application coding and scripting. Individuals will work with and at the direction of software developers and project managers to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to ensure clients desired information and instructions are correct.
- Assist Project Manager in performing systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Based on direction from software developers, write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages.
- Coordinate the compilation and drafting of documentation for program development and subsequent revisions.
- Perform revision, repair, and expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
- Coordinate with and assist software developers and systems analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
May perform other tasks normal to this occupation, as assigned.
This position does not supervise any personnel, nor does it involve any software development or project management.